I've Got Brave In My Pocket and You Can't Stop Me

, , No Comments
Today, I did something brave.

Today, I did something embarrassing.

Today, I remembered that that’s okay and it’s what I’ve been after all along.


Some time ago, after I experienced just how much better things were when I wasn’t always so guarded and trying to present an edited version of myself to the world, I made myself promise to begin to live candidly.

For a while, I forgot that. A bit of me still tried to be the put-together version of myself because I didn’t want people to see the cracks, all the places where I was flawed and lacking, the places people see and they go, "man. She doesn't know what she's doing." I thought I needed that armour again, since, you know, I’m a university student now. I’m an adult.

But today, I made a fool of myself. I exposed myself to strangers, saying too much and not having enough to cover it up. I don’t know how long it will take to actually get over it. But I’m proud of myself. Because today, I remembered what it was like to really do something and face something I was afraid of. I did something brave. I lived candidly. And that is something to celebrate.

This blog isn't going to be about anything specific other than me. And that can mean a multitude of things because I'm a multitude of things. This'll be about my life, my experiences, my growth. Occasionally there will be fashion posts, photos of my work, places I go to, or just my thoughts. This will be some kind of an online diary, a place to document what goes on in my head or the things I am proud of, somewhere to keep track of all the things I might forget to be thankful for. I hope you find some kind of solace in them, and if not, then that’s alright too. But I do hope that you might also keep a little bit of brave in your pocket. I promise you that it’s okay to use it when you feel the need to.


“The moment that you feel that, just possibly, you’re walking down the street naked, exposing too much of your heart and your mind and what exists on the inside, showing too much of yourself. That’s the moment you may be starting to get it right.” –Neil Gaiman, Fantastic Mistakes

0 comments:

Post a Comment