September Favourites

, , No Comments

Hello, everyone! It is now officially October and tbh I feel like 2015 started last month. But anyway. Here's some  stuff I really liked from September.



Just a heads up before we get started because most of this list is cosmetics. In late August, a couple of my friends and I started talking about cosmetics companies that test on animals. Since then, we've all been trying to shift our support towards companies that are cruelty free and eco-sustainable by giving them our money instead of the other guy. So everything on this list (and any beauty products I talk about on the blog) is cruelty-free. Yay!

In case you were interested, I've been using this blog as a reference for cruelty-free brands. I would share a reference for eco-sustainable products but I can't find the links. Do let me know in the comments though if you want me to go into length on this.


Balm Cosmetics Nude 'Tude eyeshadow palette



So my friend Nat gave me this palette and I LOVE it. They're pigmented, they can double as eyeliner with some water (I regularly use Sleek as cream liner), and look at that packaging??? 

The only thing with this palette is that they are mostly shimmery shadows and I kinda wanna get some matte ones to add to my arsenal. So the Meet Matt(e) palette may be a future purchase (Nat loves this one so I know it's good as well) but I am more or less still on the hunt for that. Recommendations?


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in "London"
I wanted to get into this whole liquid lipsticks deal and Nat (can you tell she's my go-to for make-up?) recommended these because they're not too pricey (bought them for $9) and they're cruelty free. I really like this one because it is actually soft on the lips and it smells like cake batter/vanilla. The only thing is that since it's matte, it tends to be a little drying despite the promise of moisture, but that might just be me using sub-par lip balms or something. Who knows. I still really like it though.

Also, when I was looking for new lip creams, I was really bent on finding a good nude shade. I went into the store and ended up buying London and Stockholm however London proved to be a better neutral shade. Stockholm was a bit too pink for what I wanted.


The Body Shop All-In-One-Blusher in "Flushed"


This blush is so pigmented I just need a light tap and a sweep across my cheek. The colour is perfect for me and it's The Body Shop. So what more could I ask for?


Nume Classic Wand

So I've been thinking about investing in hair styling tools for a while now and everyone was raving about Nume so I thought I'd give it a shot. Similarly, they have coupons going all the time and when one weekend I was seriously thinking of committing and whipping out my credit card, I found a coupon online where I could get the classic wand for $19*. YAS.

Anyway. This curling wand is really great. It comes with a glove to protect your hands from getting burnt while you're twisting hair around the wand, but I don't really use it because it gets in the way and it's harder for me to pick up sections of hair to curl. But the wand itself is super easy to use and as a newbie to hot styling tools, I got used to it fairly quickly.


BADLANDS by Halsey



The only non beauty product from September. Haha

But seriously guys this album is so good. And she's so cool in general. Favourites include Colors, Roman Holiday, Control, and Drive. Colors is top 1. So good.



So there's stuff I got into last month. Are there any new products you guys are into right now? Let me know in the comments!

I hope y'all have a good weekend,
Patty

*That was USD $19. With shipping and things I was charged about USD $34, which was still pretty good. I mean regular price is USD $139. That's still over $100 less. THEN THE DOLLAR CONVERSION HAPPENED AND IT CAME UP TO CAD $51. I'm still mad.



0 comments:

Post a Comment